I first realized my love for visual storytelling when I began producing and directing television shows. Starting with the writer’s script, my palette was everything seen through the camera’s lens: actors, movement, light, and mood. Shot by shot, I wove together these images into two-dimensional dramas.
I longed, however, to tell my own stories, to move beyond words and pictures, and to explore themes that ignited my imagination. My sculptures and assemblages became the three-dimensional stories I wanted to tell; stories about relationships, childhood, time passage, marriage, motherhood, and secrets never told.
My sculpting process always begins with a tiny bit of clay to which I add more, never knowing how any piece will end. I don’t use models when I sculpt, nor am I interested in replicating what I see. Instead, I’m consumed with abstracting the human figure in voluminous, whimsical sensuality, wrestling with the complexities of three-dimensional form, and hunting for each piece’s happy accidents, emotion, and grace.
In my assemblage work, I draw inspiration from rusty, crusty, and abandoned objects, always maintaining a sculptor’s awareness of volume and texture. I encourage viewers to allow their imaginations to be jostled, to look, and look again at the reimagined compositions, perhaps catching reflections of their own stories.
Studied sculpture at The Scottsdale Artists’ School in Arizona, as well as with Linda and David Elder in Ventura, CA. She doesn't use models when she sculpts. Instead, she draws upon her life’s experiences to mold into three-dimensional stories that inspire her.
Wyatt is a member of "Los Angeles Art Association", "Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions", "Women’s Caucus for Art and International Society of Assemblage" and "Collage Artists".
Represented by one more gallery, located in Los Angeles CA. The name of the gallery is "Yoram Gil".
She has been in many, MANY juried art shows with both bronze sculpture and assemblage pieces. She was just asked to participate in the National Sculpture Society’s upcoming Southern California Sculpture Show in San Diego, CA.
The most recent show she did was “Satan’s Disco”, juried show in Los Angeles, CA.
There were 4 more shows only in 2016.
* City of Brea Art Gallery, “31st Annual Made in California Exhibition”, juried show, Brea, CA
* Gallery 825, “Out There”, juried by Francisco George and William Escalera, Los Angeles, CA
* South Bay Contemporary, “Skyline”, juried by Ben Zask, San Pedro, CA
* National Association of Women Artists, “The Creative Muse”, juried show, The Crayola Gallery, Bethlehem, PA
* Manhattan Arts International, Award of Excellence, “Hot Topics-Bold Expressions”, juried by James Bacchi of ArtHaus Gallery and Renee Phillips, New York, NY
* Blackboard Gallery, awarded Best in Show, “Over Your Sofa”, juried by Lois Lambert of Lois Lambert Gallery, Camarillo, CA
* Gallery 825, “Adorn”, juried by Sarah Russin of Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, Los Angeles, CA
* Eisenhauer Gallery, “Water’s Edge”, Edgartown, MA
* Winner Artist Portfolio Magazine National Art Exhibit, juried online art magazine
* Scottsdale Artists’ School, awarded 2nd place, “Best and the Brightest 2015”, juried show, Scottsdale, AZ
* Downey Arts Coalition, “Reflections”, juried show, Downey, CA
* Phantom Galleries, “Artworld Bootcamp - New Works”, curated by Dulce Stein, Hawthorne, CA
* Beverly Hills ArtShow, featured assemblage artist for Los Angeles Art Association, Los Angeles, CA
* “WET: Carol Bennet & Monica Wyatt”, Eisenhauer Gallery, Edgartown, MA
* Scottsdale Artists’ School, “Best and the Brightest 2014”, juried show, Scottsdale, AZ
* Rose Tarlow Melrose House, West Hollywood, CA
* Gallery 825, “Radical Stimulus”, juried by Timothy Yarger of Timothy Yarger Fine Art, Los Angeles, CA
* MLY Gallery, “Eco-conscious Art for Living”, juried by Eric and Mary Wright & The Wright Organic Resource Center, Malibu, CA
* Louis Dane Studio, “Summer’s Edge”, Pasadena, CA
* I5 Gallery @ The Brewery, “10fold”, Los Angeles, CA
* Design House International Showcase, “Titans of Business and the Best of Design Showcase House at Greystone Mansion”, Los Angeles, CA
*Pasadena Showcase House of Design, Pasadena, CA